Eight European social and environmental impact companies have been selected to enter the second stage of Impact Deal 2023, the first acceleration program based on the use of Big Data promoted by Fondazione CRT and OGR Torino with Microsoft.
The project, which will be developed in OGR’s international hub for innovation and research, sees the collaboration of TOP-IX, ISI Foundation, Impact Hub, Ashoka and The Data Appeal Company. Through the application of Data Science, the growth of entrepreneurial activities with social and environmental purposes will be stimulated, while also fostering the evolution of more traditional ones through the integration of existing models and new business plans.
The accelerator program for initiatives capable of combining economic, social and environmental sustainability has two phases.
The first phase, lasting about two months, involved the 15 startups in a path aimed at providing specific skills in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, entrepreneurship.
Through the application of Data Science, the growth of entrepreneurial activities with social and environmental purposes was stimulated, while also encouraging the evolution of more traditional ones through the integration of existing models and new business plans.
On July 7, after a 4-day bootcamp, it was time for the Data Pitch for the 15 selected impact enterprises.During the bootcamp, participants had the opportunity to gather valuable suggestions, advice and explore potential collaborations. They also took part in two different workshops.
The culmination of this experience was the Data Pitch, in which the companies presented their proposals in front of Impact Deal partners and especially members of the Data Club. The ultimate goal was to secure the opportunity to enter the second phase of the program and then further collaborate with the Data Club.
IMPACT BUSINESSES SELECTED FOR THE SECOND PHASE OF THE PROGRAM.
The second phase, lasting approximately 3 months, trains enterprises on business acceleration through the development of real data-enabled projects and solutions through mentorship and strategic partnerships.
Let’s find out together the companies selected to participate in the second phase of the program:
- Bin-e (Poland), “the world’s first smart bin based on artificial intelligence.”
- Dedalo AI (Italy), “helps companies measure and reduce the CO2 impact of their software.”
- Volvero (Italy), “toward more sustainable and efficient mobility.”
- Opt/Net (Netherlands), “AI platform enabling end-to-end monitoring, analysis and failure prevention of complex critical networks in real time.”
- ReLearn (Italy), “makes waste-free living accessible to all.”
- Xnext (Italy), “develops the most advanced real-time inspection system.”
- Untap (UK), “provides a pathogen monitoring service to reduce the transmission of infectious diseases within communities.”
- Valuebin (Italy), “builds next-generation sustainability algorithm, empowering users to make more sustainable choices during their purchases.”
At the core of the Impact Deal program is the Data Club, a group of companies and organizations, public and private entities, that will make it possible for businesses to accelerate by sharing their databases in a collaborative perspective. The initial core of the Data Club consists of Banca Sella, Snam Foundation, City of Turin and TIM.