Social enterprise is becoming a powerful tool which is capable to generate social impact. This session proposed a debate-challenge between venture philanthropists and capitalists on one side, and young social entrepreneurs on the other. The objective being to elicit their perspectives and needs and to identify common ground.
- How can we find a meeting point between the young people who wish to create social change and social investors?
- How can we be efficient in promoting change and measuring social impact?
- How can we create ‘scalable’ initiatives and projects?
- How can we match the needs of the funders and beneficiaries ?
- How can we find a meeting point between social capital and venture capital?
These are some of the questions that the session looked to answer.
The session “Boosting Change: How to Match Social and Venture Capital”, during the Annual Conference of the EFC, was promoted by the Fondazione CRT in collaboration with the European Venture Philanthropy Association (EVPA) and the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAoC).